Interactive primay school concerts performed live on a 29 string harp.
The concerts combine classical interludes with harp versions of Disney classics, and well known family film songs.
Each concert delivers a unique, memorable live music experience for children and teachers alike, allowing a rare close up encounter with a harp.
I also offer a distinct program for pre schools and nurseies.
Primary school concerts
The concerts can be performed as either school hall performances to multiple classes (or the entire school) or as individual classroom visits.
All concerts include:
- An informal presentation combining contemporary classical pieces along with solo harp interpretations of popular Disney and family film themes
- Age appropriate rhythm, clapping and percussive exercises
- Guess the film song quizzes
- Have a go on the harp – if social distancing measures allow, children will be invited to play the harp themselves and explore improvisation techniques. This can be done in classrooms after the main concert if preferred.
- An introduction to mindful listening and mindfulness music activities
All music sessions will adhere to social distancing guidelines of the time.
Harp Tales music and story resource
Concerts also include free copies of my Harp Tales music and story resource for the school. This is an illustrated booklet of original children’s poems presented with a free harp music audio version.
You can see/hear some of the featured poems below:
This is a gorgeous collection and will definitely be a tool in my music, brain-break and literacy tool kits.Sharon Quinn EYFS teacher, St Marys School, Oxted
The poems are beautiful. They reflect feelings, emotions and share key messages…Children aren’t exposed to enough poetry. This is a wonderful way to get a calm and relaxed atmosphere in your classroom after playtime.Miss C Evison KS1 teacher, Strawberry Fields Primary School, Leeds
You can also Download the full Harp Tales album.
I am a professional harpist and I have led harp music concerts in children’s hospitals and schools for over 13 years.
I also perform at engagements all around the UK, with live credits ranging from St Jame’s Palace to Glastonbury Festival.